- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
Haha! How true. This way, his sermons will appeal to everyone. Kinda like a horoscope. Anyone can read it and nod their heads in agreement!
Wow! That explains everything! LOL
So sad…but sooo true!!
On the back of fortune cookies you can learn Chinese! Thus it is an international Evangelical tool as well. Hey bonus!
I know from first hand experience that these things can be spot on, as my wife and I went out for dinner….AGAIN! Her fortune cookie “learn Chinese” word was zuo cai, which means cook in Chinese! I said to her, “Hey, now there’s a word you don’t know in 2 languages! Her response was, “The only reason I have a kitchen is it came with the house!”
Oh, and the fortune was, “What you will discover will be yourself.” Now that does seem to fit somehow…
The next two times we went she got “kitchen,” which is chu fang and “refrigerator,” which is bing xiang. The corresponding fortunes were:
‘Discipline is the refining fire by which talent becomes ability.” with the kitchen.
The problem though is that she isn’t much of a believer in these things. But there is hope as she began to see the light when the refrigerator one’s fortune read, “Desert CAN make you happy.”
Now if those lucky numbers would just pay off…
Pingback: Two Signs of a Charlatan | Defending. Contending.