FOR THE RECORD — DEFCON STANDS OPPOSED TO THE SUPREME COURT!!!
No matter what the Supreme Court says, there is One Who is supreme above all men and governments, and He has stated that homosexuality is an abomination. It is a very sad day for America that the moral foundations upon which this nation were built has just been trashed and trampled underfoot. If there is no repentance and forgiveness sought from God, there will be no mercy.
Despite the horrendous news that our beloved nation has taken a huge leap toward the pit of being an amoral society, I am SO THANKFUL that there are some things that will never change.
1. God is STILL sovereign.
2. God knew the Supreme Court would stand against His Word. He is NOT asleep and is not slumbering.
3. Psalm 2 reminds us that while the rulers and kings stand against the Lord and His Anointed One (Jesus Christ), He laughs at them and holds them in derision.
4. Jesus Christ is still Lord of all and one day EVERY knee will bow.
5. True believers will remain a minority because Matthew’s gospel reminds us that the gate to heaven is narrow and few find it.
6. Romans 8 reminds us that NOTHING will ever separate us from the love of God, not even persecution or death.
7. 2 Timothy 3:12-14, “Indeed, all who desire to live a godly life in Christ Jesus will be persecuted, while evil people and impostors will go on from bad to worse, deceiving and being deceived. But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it.”
8. Romans 1:18 & 32 are still a sobering reminder that the wrath of God is coming, “For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. Though they know God’s righteous decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.”
9. The apostles made it clear that they were going to obey God rather than man. DefCon also chooses to obey God rather than man.
10. Biblical marriage will ALWAYS be only between one man and one woman.
11. Homosexuality and lesbianism WILL ALWAYS be an abomination to God, and nobody who chooses such a lifestyle will ever be granted admission to heaven, nor will those who give approval to those who practice such deviant lifestyles.
12. So much more to say, but a last thing to remember is that there is forgiveness by grace through faith alone in Christ alone.
1 Corinthians 6:9-11, “Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.”