As a follow-up to yesterday’s sermon of the week by John MacArthur on creation (which touched on environmentalism), here’s a twenty minute radio interview with Phil Johnson on Christians and the distraction of environmentalism simply entitled, Is God Green?
For more on this subject I encourage you to check out these previous DefCon posts:
Priorities Completely Out of Whack
Distractions, Distractions, Distractions
The New Evangelicals
Expert on global warming.
The shocking speed with which the climate change hoax has come unraveled has been a delight to watch. Recent revelations about the science behind it has shown it to be a joke and a scam.
- A hacker obtained e-mails from the Climate Research Unit at the University of East Anglia in England, which show collusion to distort data among environmentalist scientists from around the world, AKA Climate-gate.
- The UN’s Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) claims that 40 percent of the rain forest would be destroyed by global warming are fabricated.
- An IPCC report states Himalayan glaciers will melt by 2035, a “fact” according to World Wildlife Fund, which is a radical environmentalist group. Common sense says otherwise.
When supposedly reputable sources such as university researchers and UN organizations are shown to be lying and scheming for political agendas, the cause loses all credibility. Will all the skeptical scientists who were accused of being on oil companies’ payrolls receive apologies?
There are a couple lessons we can take from this:
- Science can be controlled. Unbiased, pure, peer-reviewed science is not a given as many people would have us believe. If there is a cabal of evil scientists hyping up the evidence for global warming, why is it so far-fetched that the same thing may be happening among evolutionary scientists?
- The ideas of men (even if they’re supposedly backed by science) come and go, but the Bible is trustworthy.
After Noah’s flood receded, God promised Noah that, “As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease” (Genesis 8:22). If cold and heat remain, that rules out the possibility of runaway global warming, and I doubt that He chooses to show us this mercy due to the wisdom of environmentalists.
Here’s a great documentary on the real cause of rising or falling global temperatures–the sun. It also discusses the devastating effect of extremist environmental policies for those who have no access to electricity.
Please forgive the French subtitles and the old earth references.